Are You Marketing
October 31st 2005
Now that your site is
built, youíve sent out postcards, emails and a newsletter
announcement. So now what?
Please donít abandon your website. You need to monitor the returns
on your investment. So here is a simplified list of tasks you need
to perform to keep your marketing efforts up-to-date.
For Your Website
1. Check your website statistics on a weekly basis.
2. Keep an eye on your competitionís activities.
3. Keep a list of keywords and search terms handy and test them
periodically in your site.
4. Encourage prospective clients
and colleagues to visit your site.
5. Resubmit your url to major search engines every 4 months.
6. Always check for link possibilities.
7. Update your blog with fresh material at least once a week.
8. Add new copy content and change your offerings every few months
to encourage visitors to keep coming back.
For Marketing Your Website
1. Check your email lists to make sure they are updated. Add new
accounts and clean out defunct ones.
2. Prepare a new email every 2 weeks and blast to your customers.
3. Make sure you spam check your emails.
4. Advertise offline to encourage people to visit your site and
integrate upcoming offline promotions with your Web site.
5. Create affiliate programs and evaluate periodically.
6. Have a Pay-Per-Click campaign ready.
7. And lastlyÖ always keep testing!
Bob is Co-Founder, President of
Web Success Team and
Speyergraphix Design Studio.
Bob and his team can handle all of your offline design and
Search Engine Optimization
Keywords and misspellings: SEO searche
engine optimization optimisation optimizasion Google yahoo