Home Improvements

Recall announced for Frigidaire Gas Ranges sold exclusively at Lowe’s

Frigidaire model number LGGF3043KFM recall - CPSC

(Best Syndication News) -A small number of Frigidaire self-cleaning gas ranges were recalled because they could cause a fire, because there is a delay igniting the flame when using the bake/broil options on the oven. The oven range was sold exclusively at Lowe’s stores. Frigidaire is offering owners of the stove a repair to remedy the problem.

The company initiated the recall after receiving one report. There was no damage or injury with this report.

The stoves were sold exclusively at Lowe’s stores between February 2012 and March 2012 at a cost between $800 and $1,000.

The gas range that is involved in the recall has a stainless steel finish with the name Frigidaire on it. Only around 185 units are involved. There are five burners on the stovetop. The model number involved is LGGF3043KFM and has the serial numbers falling between VF20457216 and VF20457555. The serial number and model number is found on a label located at the bottom front of the stove. To see the numbers, pull out the bottom drawer at the bottom of the unit.

EDIC Air Blower recall announced for Repair

EDIC Air Mover - CPSC

(Best Syndication News) - The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced a recall of around 53,000 EDIC air movers / blowers today because they could overheat and catch on fire. EDIC is offering owners a free repair kit to remedy the problem.

The model number involved is the “3004AD” or “3004ADxxx.” Model numbers with a “N” in it are not included in this recall. Some of the air movers have the word “Aqua Dri” printed on the top of the unit. The air blower is used to dry floors quickly in homes and businesses. The model number can be found on a plate located on the back of the unit.

The recalled air blowers were sold through flood remediation contractors and other service professionals across the country between January 2003 and September 2011. They sold at a price between $160 and $285.

Ceiling Light Fixture Recall announced for Fire and Electric Shock Danger

Two of the 28 models being recalled - CPSC

(Best Syndication News) - The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced the voluntary recall of 83,750 ceiling light fixtures because the wire insulation could deteriorate and expose the wire. The bare wire poses an electrical shock hazard and it could potentially cause a fire. The electricity can pass through to the metal canopy of the fixture, which could shock a person if they touched the outside metal rim.

The manufacturer announcing the recall is Thomas Lighting, which is part of Philips Consumer Luminaires Corporation. The company has received 11 reports of faulty fixtures that caused the circuit breaker to trip. No injuries have been reported to the company.

There are 28 different models involved in the recall. The light fixtures are flush-mounting and were manufactured between June 1, 2010 and November 25, 2010. They were sold at electrical distributors and lighting wholesalers nationwide. They were sold between July 2010 and July 2011 at a price between $19 and $50.

Best Buy partners with Cooking.com to launch Kitchen Shop

screenshot of Best Buy Kitchen Shop

(Best Syndication News) - Best Buy Co., Inc (NYSE:BBY), announced that they have launched a shopping site that features Cooking.com's cookware and kitchenware products on Best Buy’s website. The micro-site is called the Best Buy Kitchen Shop and will have Cooking.com fulfill the orders for over 3,000 products.

Unlike other retailers who collaborate with just about any third party seller, Best Buy said that they carefully select their sellers and only offer products that compliment their existing product line.

Inflatable Pool Slide Recall announced after reports of Death and Severe Injuries

Banzai Inflatable pool water slide recall - CPSC

(Best Syndication News) - The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced the recall of around 21,000 Banzai inflatable in-ground pool water slides because they have caused death and severe neck injuries. The slide could become deflated enough that a person could hit their head. Another safety concern is that the slide could fall over and cause injury.

The CPSC said that they know of a 29-year old mother who died after hitting her head at the bottom of the slide. She fractured her neck. The injury occurred when the slide was partly deflated. The retailers received reports of a 24-year old man who became a quadriplegic and a woman had fractured her neck from using the slide. The injuries occurred in a very similar way where they hit their head on the cement at the bottom of the slide.

Syndicate content
Share/Save/Bookmark

      

Post to Facebook

Important: The material on Best Syndication is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be advice. Authors may have or will receive monetary compensation from the company's product/s mentioned. You should always seek professional advice before making any legal, financial or medical decisions and this website cannot substitute or replace any trained professional consultation.
Use of this site means that you agree to our TERMS OF SERVICE

Advertise On This Site
Copyright © 2006-2015 By Best Syndication All Rights Reserved