50 Top Secrets of the Fittest! - Diet
& Exercise Tips To Lose Weight and Feel Better
Secrets of the Fittest...can you keep a secret. Better yet, can you use
these secrets to change your life and your body for the better?! If you
did nothing else than incorporate these secrets into your daily life,
over a years time, they would amount to substantial change.
Here is what a fit person does:
1. Always has a water bottle and drinks from it often...water is the
drink of choice, not soft drinks.
2. Looks at exercise as a pleasure and privilege not a burden or chore.
3. Thinks twice before deciding what to eat and why...making sure that
it is healthy and will give their body good nutrition.
4. Measures intake based on their activity, not how they "feel", need
mandates intake, not mood.
5. Takes action to solve problems when things get emotional, instead of
turning to food as a cure.
6. Starts the day with a well balanced meal.
7. Starts each day with positive input - from material that's listened
to or read, helping them to remain positive throughout the day.
8. Drink a minimum amount of caffeine - only in the form of coffee or
9. Has long term goals and a plan of how to achieve them, leaves nothing
10. Focuses on short-term goals with emphasis on completing daily
11. Lives with a purpose - wakes up each day knowing what they are
working toward something greater than can be accomplished in a lifetime.
12. Has a daily planner with the day's actions written down in order to
keep track of what needs to be done, what has been done, and what was
13. Reviews each day at the end of the day to set tomorrow's actions and
14. Always makes time for relaxing and rewards at scheduled times.
15. Never lives an unhealthy life when on vacation.
16. Sees health as a privilege, not something to take for granted.
17. Likes to contribute to the health of others by having a partner or
friends to exercise with, as well as recruiting others who desire to get
18. Learns new ways and new techniques for exercising.
19. Avoids monotony by taking up new forms of exercising.
20. Subscribes to health magazines to keep focused on a healthy way of
21. Invests in workout clothes, good tennis shoes, and other apparel.
22. Never takes their health for granted by taking a day off from a
23. Knows when too much of a good thing is no longer a good thing.
24. Keeps a sharp mind and a positive attitude with educational and
25. Takes time to count the many blessings that are present in life each
26. Realizes that life and all things natural is a gift and should be
taken care of and preserved for the health of all.
27. Brushes off criticism, and doesn't dwell on negative comments from
28. Attempts to bring calm and reasoning to a hostile or chaotic
29. Responds to a challenge, not reacting to what difficulties may be
30. Knows that there is so much that is not known.
31. Understands that time is limited here on Earth .
32. Learns to live without regrets, and that life is the experiences
that we choose.
33. Takes daily vitamin and mineral supplements that support a healthy
34. Values organization so as not to have "clutter" in their life.
35. Values good hygiene inside - the mind and organs and muscles - as
well as on the outside - skin, hair, and nails.
36. Seeks natural methods of health care - massage, chiropractic,
naturopathic in addition to medical care.
37. Taking exercise to new levels.
38. Create a schedule for ultimate health and fitness.
39. Move beyond the boundaries of weight loss and into fitness.
40. Strive to reach their dreams everyday.
41. Live each day to its fullest.
42. Do not get into "wacky" diets and eating plans.
43. Lives a balanced life - exercise, work, family, and GOD.
44. Gets adequate amounts of sleep.
45. Avoid medications and drugs of all sort unless absolutely necessary.
46. Limits alcohol intake only for special occasions.
47. Does what other the average person doesn't want to do.
48. Exercises discipline by following a daily regimen.
49. Takes a vacation by doing activities - jet skiing, snow skiing,
mountain biking, hiking in the outback, going to a getaway spa, ..
50. Knows that life is fulfilling with optimal health in the mind,
spirit, and body!
Are any of these qualities present in your life today? As you read them,
did they seem too unrealistic to ever be part of your life? Trust me, in
time they not only can be, they should be part of your life! When I was
275+ pounds, NONE of these qualities where present in my life and I
would never have believed that they could be. 8 years later and 130
pounds lighter, I can assure you that each and every one of these traits
are part of my life today. Make it fun and see how quickly you can begin
to add each of these to your life...after all, what do you have to
Julia Griggs Havey
eDiets.com Master Motivator, Author, Motivational
• eDiets.com Expert and 2000- present; 14 Million readers
• KeyNote speaker World Obesity and Overweight Congress, September
• Key note speaker “Success in the City” Houston, 2005
• Warner Books Author; Best-selling “Awaken the Diet Within; from
Overweight to Looking great!” #2 on Amazon.com Health ranking (just
behind the renown Dr. Atkins!), #10 overall.
• Missouri Governor’s Council on Overweight and Obesity
• LifeChanger creator, Internet’s most popular motivational weight
• St. Louis Post-Dispatch “Health & Fitness Challenge” creator
• **Summer 2006** St. Martin’s Press is releasing, “The Vice
Busting Diet!”—endorsed by Dr. David L. Katz (The Way to Eat) and Dr.
Mehmet Oz (You, The Owner’s Manual)
• Motivational speaking nationwide, various size events from
200-3,000 attendees TV & Radio & Print:
• QVC; live on air host 1999-2000, 2005
• Wayne Brady Show, January 2004 “Diet and Fitness Guru Week”
(other ‘gurus’ were Bill Phillips, Billy Blanks, Jim Karas and Tony
• Discovery Health Channel Documentary “I Lost It” (about my 130
lb. weight loss)
• Show Me St. Louis, numerous appearances
• Over 200 television/radio interviews given across the country
• Time Life Direct Infomercial: “Take it Off w/ Julia; LifeChanger
Program”—winner Questar Gold Medal “Best Commercial” 2003
• “Awaken the Diet Within” selected by USAToday January 2003 “one
of the must read diet books of the year”
• First for Women, Woman’s World, Women’s Own, Glamour, Bride’s,
NurseWeek, Parents, National Enquirer, Pounds Aweigh, St. Louis Post
• Two real life reader Success Stories Cover features on Woman’s
World 9/10/04 & 11/01/05
Mrs. Missouri 1999
National Spokesperson: Octane Fitness
Books on Dieting
Keywords and misspellings: deit pills hoodia rimonabant
rinomabant rinonant rinomabent wieght watchers